Frequently Asked Questions
How are our classes different from other big-name English enrichment centres?
* Our directors were very much involved in the training of teachers and curriculum development at a previous elite enrichment centre. In fact, Ms Geraldine Chew was spearheading the training of the teachers and Mrs Elizabeth Yeo was heading the curriculum development team.
* The directors have drawn from their rich experience to refine teaching methods at Creative Campus. The curriculum at Creative Campus is also developed in-house by a very experienced team of writers and teachers, and deals with many current issues and themes.
Is my child more suited for group classes or 1-1 classes?
A. 1-to-1 tuition is best for a child who is very weak in his foundation. Why? The tutor can drill the child and work on the basics.
B. For an average child, group classes are highly beneficial, especially for languages. Why?
- Kids learn from the interaction with teachers as well as among peers. Our teachers are very experienced in creating a cooperative and interactive learning environment where cross-learning is encouraged.
- If a child is alone, he only learns from his ideas and the teacher's feedback; this can be very tiring for the child. However, if he's in a group, the number of ideas generated is multiplied. In this way, each child learns more in the 2 hours.
For a more detailed response, see our blog post on The Benefits of Group Classes.
How are classes conducted at Creative Campus?
* Students are exposed to current affairs weekly. The curated topics boost their general knowledge and give them information to use in school exams.
* At Creative Campus, we focus on imparting skills and techniques in each lesson.
* In the composition component for primary levels, students will brainstorm a few ideas based on the title or the pictures given. Then, the class will work on how to derive relevant and interesting content. These will be developed into a cohesive plot within an allocated time frame.
* The revised PSLE syllabus requires students to address the topic given. Hence, it is imperative that students answer the question in their essays.
* As the plot unfolds, students are exposed to the various skills and techniques on how to elaborate their points, and learn how to keep the reader interested. At Creative Campus, we encourage students to apply various techniques to enhance the descriptive elements in their essays.
* Short grammar or vocabulary exercises are introduced for students to apply the skills and techniques . Our students will write the full essay in class. This way, students can retain, internalise, and apply what they have learnt.
* Students will also be given the opportunity to explore the exposition genre.
Students discuss the topic for the day and attempt the questions that are relevant to their examination needs.
Can a 2-day essay writing holiday workshop help my child? Is it a practical crash course?
* Students are expected to complete two essays at the end of a holiday workshop. Each two-hour lesson targets a specific skill which can be applied across other essays.
* Usually, students will brainstorm together and bounce ideas off each other, targeting one theme at a time. We believe that this process of idea generation, as well as guided planning and curriculum, will yield immediate benefits for the student.
How can I make payment for classes?
Please refer to our page for the various payment modes
Click HERE for a sample of our curriculum.
Need Assistance? Contact us via the following
Click on the WhatsApp floating icon
Please refer to our operational hours below