Primary One Primer
Stay Tuned for 2018 Details
Creative Campus is happy to announce our classes for Pre-Primary 1 students. We are currently accepting applications for the Primary 1 Primer commencing on the week of Monday, 31/7/17.
This is an introduction programme to the Primary 1 syllabus. It aims to mentally prepare the little ones and equip them with the knowledge necessary for an enjoyable and positive start in their new environment. During the term, students will be exposed to various techniques.
* Composition Writing and Letter Writing
* Cloze Passages
* Word Order
* Vocabulary Building
* Verbal Presentation, including Show and Tell
Start Period: Once weekly from week of 31/7/17
Number of Lessons: 20
Time Slots Available: Monday 5pm / Friday 3.15pm
Closing Date for Registration: Saturday, 29/7/17
The maximum headcount in a class will be 8 students (plus a maximum of 2 more students on replacement.
1. Submit the First Contact Form on our website.
2. Submit a recent piece of independent work. Scripts will be screened by the teacher in order to ensure that your child is enrolled in a class which best caters to his/her profile. Allocation of classes depends on the demand of each class and the profiles of the students.
3. Should your child be unable to attend any of the lessons, the teacher will go through the worksheets with relevant notes so that he/she can can complete the work at home without parental assistance.
4. In order for your child to maximise his/her potential in this enrichment programme, your child should:
a. Understand written and spoken instructions in English
b. Read and write simple sentences in English
For more information about Ms Lee, please visit this page.
Early Bird Incentive
Students who enrol and pay in full for both the P1 Primer AND the Regular P1-2018 programme before Saturday, 8/7/17 will enjoy a 10% discount off the P1 Primer fees. Our usual Terms and Conditions apply.
We also have other P1 classes slated to open in 2018, subject to demand.
Please enquire at our frontdesk or call our mainline at 6455 3063 for details.
We look forward to welcoming your child!
Secondary One Primer
Stay Tuned for 2018 Details
At Creative Campus, we believe in empowering your child in the various stages of his academic journey. Based on parental feedback over the years, the Primary 6 cohort is often at a loss of what to expect for the new academic year. Our Secondary 1 Primer will help to close the learning gap between P6 and the needs of English Language in Secondary School. Your child can then be more confident entering Secondary 1.
Students will undergo an 8-week Primer, after which they graduate on to the regular Secondary 1 classes.
The Secondary 1 Primer is a fun and engaging course, where students learn:
(1) to tackle the core components curated from the Integrated Programme (IP), the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the GCE 'O' Level syllabi;
(2) to close the learning gap between P6 and the needs of English Language in Secondary School; and
(3) to be more confident entering Secondary 1 in 2018
English enrichment is best learnt without the pressures of school; students can learn in a safe and secure group setting, voice their opinions and respond convincingly and cohesively. It is with this that students can become confident readers and writers of the English language as they prepare to enter Secondary School.
Your child will be prepared for his/her next milestone and be confident to handle more demanding components in their study of the English language. The rigorous syllabus includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Literary Appreciation of Unseen Poetry and Prose
* Introduction to Discursive and Expository Essays
* Introduction to Response, Reflective and Opinion Writing
* Summary Writing Techniques
* Handling a breadth of Comprehension Questions
* Transformation of Text Types
* Verbal Communication Skills
* Introduction to Media Analysis
Dates: 22 October to 16 December 2017
Duration: 2hrs weekly
Class Size: maximum of 8 students (plus a maximum of 2 more students on replacement)
Replacement Classes: Available on a first come, first served basis
* Monday 5pm, Mrs Elizabeth Yeo
* Friday 3pm, Mrs Elizabeth Yeo
* Friday 5pm, Dr George Wong
* Saturday 12pm, Mrs Lew Marn Lai
* Saturday 2.15pm, Mrs Elizabeth Yeo
Staggered lessons will be offered to accommodate your travel plans for the Secondary 1 Primer. As there are many time slots available for replacement classes*, it is even possible to complete the entire Secondary 1 Primer in two weeks.
Do call us at 6455 3063 for more details.
* Requests for replacement classes will depend on availability
Early Bird Promotion
NEW STUDENTS who pay for both Secondary 1 Primer and Secondary 1 Term 1-2018 before Saturday 12 August 2018 will enjoy $100 off Term 1-2018 fees.
Parents who wish to sign up their child(ren) for the S1 Primer Programme may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate their interest.
You could also call us at 6455 3063 or leave us a message via this form.
Registration is accepted on a rolling basis until seats are fully taken. Kindly note that confirmation is only upon full payment of fees.
General Paper Primer
Stay Tuned for 2018 Details
As your child will be completing their secondary education, we would like to extend an invitation for your child to enrol in our GP programme. From our experience, students leave tackling the General Paper too late, resulting in a mad scramble at the final examinations. What better way to marry enjoyment and learning than spending some time getting a head start to the General Paper curriculum that awaits them in 2018?
The GP Primer is a fun but fundamental introduction to the GP curriculum. It aims to mentally prepare students and equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary to take on challenging GP issues with confidence.
Thank you for your interest in our General Paper Primer Programme.
More information will be available on this page from October 2017.